Thursday, February 13, 2014

Happy alien abduction Valentine’s Day!


I found these eerie alien-abduction Valentines still in their original box (above) at a local thrift store some years ago. They are dated 2000. I wonder if some mom was pressured into buying this box of Valentines by a child, then had second thoughts about them, relegating them to the donation bin?

Over a decade ago when pictures of the bug-eyed aliens were popular on t-shirts, posters, and even Valentine cards, a coworker of mine, Ben, was actually spooked. I think he’d heard of abductions and alien anal probes as part of medical experiments on helpless humans aboard their spacecraft, and he didn’t like to think about it.

I told him (with a straight face), “The government is behind it, you know. They are having companies put these images out there because they plan to eventually introduce the public to the aliens, who have been here on earth as guests of the U.S.”

His head whipped around and I swear his eyes were as big as those alien eyes. “Stop it, man! You’re scaring me!” From his expression, I believed I was.

Visitors cards ™ and © Miekeljohn Graphics, UK









No comments: