Monday, April 14, 2008

Rucker Rup!

Sometimes I'm mistaken for other people. It happens often. The most recent was a couple of weeks ago. I was approached by a junior high school teacher while I was in his school, asking if it was me "in the Auto Zone poster."

My guess is that it's my white beard which might be what people are focusing in on when they see me, and when they see someone with a similar beard they think of me.

Twenty years ago at an elementary school the school librarian, Marcia, came up to me and said, "I've found an ad in a magazine I think is a picture of you in your underwear." That got my attention. I told her it wasn't. She said, "I've taken it all over the school, asking people, and they all think it's you." I asked if I could see the magazine, and she said she didn't have it with her that day. It was home. I said, "I'd like to see what you think I look like in my underwear."

A few days later one of the school secretaries commented on the alleged underwear ad and how much the guy in the ad looked like me. If you ever saw me in person you'd know right off I just ain't the underwear model type, not now, not then. I asked the secretary if I could see the ad and she said she didn't have it. Aha, I thought. Is there really an ad or are these girls just ribbing me? I never saw the ad.

For those of you who are curious, here's an actual picture of me in my underwear.

No comments: