Saturday, March 01, 2008

Sister act


Our two granddaughters will soon be moving cross country with their mom and dad.

***Sigh***

I feel a pang I haven't ever felt before, but that's normal. Another grandparent was talking with me about it yesterday. She said, "Who'd have thought that you could love someone so much after knowing them so short a time?"

But my wife and I don't stand in the way of other peoples' decisions for their own future, so we support our son in this, even knowing how much we'll miss the whole family.

Here are some recent pictures of our little girls. The older is Isabella--Bella--who just turned three-years-old. The younger is Gabriela--Gabby--who is now 20 months.A long time ago, over a century, if I'm any judge, someone else took pictures of their little girls. The styles and the photographic equipment change over the years but what remains is that in a bygone era, someone loved those little girls as much as we love ours.

No comments: