Sunday, January 27, 2008

Toothache food

Toothache.

I don't get many of those, but I've had this one since Friday night. I've been lying around with a heating pad on my face, alternating Advil and Tylenol, and thinking about calling the emergency dentist. Sucks to not have dental coverage.

Since I can't eat real food I did the next best thing. I fixed myself something I thought I could eat. Here's my recipe for toothache food:

Take two slices of white bread. Tear up and throw in bowl.

Pour in ½ c. 1% milk.

Mash bread until a gooey consistency, then sprinkle on some powdered cinnamon to give it some sort of flavor and look.

Try to keep the food from falling on the counter while eating.

When you find that even near-liquified bread hurts when biting down, take out bottle of two-year-old Lortabs, prescribed during convalescence from broken sternum caused by car wreck, and take one when finished.

Next time, eat yogurt or soup that doesn't have anything chewy in it.

Talk to you when I'm better.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor Kid!
Hope it gets better real soon!
Take care, and thanks for the blog!

Anonymous said...

Interesting... =) Hope you feel better soon =)

Anonymous said...

Interesting... =) Hope you feel better =)

Anonymous said...

Interesting... =)=) Hope you feel better =) =) Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Interesting... =)=) Hope you feel better =) =) Thanks!

Unknown said...

its really hard when you experience toothache cause you can't eat the food you want to eat. Anyways, hope your tooth ache will get better.