Thursday, May 03, 2007

Beware of Texters


Yesterday I walked into a high school as two high school girls brushed by me. They didn't see me. They were both involved with their cell phones, texting.

Saturday night we had a family dinner at a nice restaurant, celebrating my wife's birthday. My wife is her teenage niece's favorite aunt, so the niece sat next to her but during the entire dinner was busy with her cell phone, texting.

Yesterday I walked down the stairs of a school behind a teenage girl, about 15-years-old. She had on a midriff top which exposed a roll of fat. She was wearing hip hugger pants that exposed her thong underwear. She was wearing sandals with 2" platform soles. She was blithefully skipping down the stairs while engaged with her cell phone, texting.

What I want to know is…what the hell are all those kids texting about, and to whom?

Is this some sort of plot we should all be worried about? Why is my Spidey-sense tingling and my paranoia bump itching? Maybe one day all of these young texters will rise up and kill all of us oldsters, non-texters, who actually use a cell phone (and yes, I have a cell phone) to communicate by speaking!

I'm not against writing, but what are all these kids writing about, and why are they concentrating on it when they don't pay attention in class? Hmmmm.

Ciao for now.

No comments: