Monday, August 21, 2006

Prison Break Is Broken


"Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me."

I gave the Fox show Prison Break one more chance, watching the second season opener tonight. My AD/HD was really apparent during the show. I couldn't sit still, jumping up several times to go check my e-mail, downstairs to throw a load of wash into the dryer, into the bathroom to count my gray hairs.

My wife noticed, "You can't sit still during the show, but you're watching the commercials. Isn't that the opposite of what everyone else does?"

I answered, "At least the commercials make sense."

I'd been hoping that Prison Break would start making sense to me, or that I could start to care about the characters. I watched five or six episodes of the show last season and gave up. There wasn't much about it that I thought was good. The premise is completely silly, the acting is wooden, the characters aren't interesting or likable. Are you getting the drift of where I'm going with this?

I thought maybe once they actually made the break of the title that maybe the lead guy, Michael, played by Wentworth Miller, might smile. But no. I've seen more expressions on cigar store Indians. That guy has what you call chiseled features…chiseled into one look which covers everything: anger, joy, love…

But the one thing that absolutely sank the show for me, the reason I'll never watch it again is, they killed off the character played by Robin Tunney. Guys, in Robin you had a beautiful woman who can act, even though it's apparently not necessary to act to be in a Fox Network program. So, bah, I hope you all go back to prison. Can't be soon enough for me.

Oh yeah, I heard some lines somewhere in the story about them heading for the "desert of Utah" to look for something. Ha-ha. Utah has a lot of desert. I mean, a lot. Where would you like to start?

*******


Here's a picture of my granddaughter, Gabby, with the popular Vietnamese singer, Bao Han, who appeared at the Vietnamese Fair here on Sunday. Bao is one beautiful woman, and she sings pretty good, too. You can check out this video with another popular singer, Loan Chau. It's very traditional in style, very beautiful and elegant.

Ciao for now, El Postino

No comments: