Sunday, August 13, 2006

Have Your Picture Taken With Jesus

Click on picture for full-size image.


I'm not religious, but I find this ad from a local ad flyer over the top, even for an area mostly populated by Mormons. Have your kids' picture taken with Jesus? I thought the department store Santa Claus at Christmas was going too far--promoting the idea that there is a man somewhere wanting to know what you want, and willing to give it to you--and now we have pictures of your children with "the Savior."

Lord save us all.

********

I haven't written in a few days. It's because of the dog days of summer. I ain't just a'woofin', but I feel the heat and all I want to do is lie down in the shade and pant.

The days start out hot, then in the afternoon clouds boil up from the south. We get some lightning, some thunder, occasionally some rain or hail, but mostly it just makes the hot air muggy. In the desert where we live people like to say, "But at least it's a dry heat." Ah, so what. Hot's hot.

*******

Along the lines of the Jesus ad above, here's a picture of Homeland Security Director, Michael Chertoff, from Saturday, August 12. "St. Michael, deliver us from the terrorists that come from the sky." A very apt picture, don't you think?

Ciao for now, El Postino

No comments: